The UHC Difference
As a mission-driven for-profit developer of affordable housing, UHC's work is guided by a strong desire to strengthen communities while providing the best possible outcome for all private and public stakeholders. We hold ourselves to a high standard of excellence – a standard that is built on a number of convictions. At UHC, we believe:
- Building livable homes requires consideration of community and civic needs. We meet these needs by collaborating with private, public and not-for-profit partners.
- Smart, quality housing is a product of socially responsible design and economic return. UHC is skilled at adding enhanced design elements and services for the benefit of its residents while achieving a good, sustainable economic outcome.
- Developing strong relationships with established lenders and tax credit investors sustains and enriches affordable housing communities. Future communities benefit from good relationships built in the present and past.
- Good design and materials increase the lifetime of our communities and inspire engaged and motivated residents. People want to live in our communities. Our residents care for their homes.
- Incorporating "Green" building standards into the construction process and architectural design reduces environmental impact and energy costs, and creates healthier living environments.
- Homes built by UHC are a stepping-stone in each resident’s journey through life. When our residents no longer have to worry about not having a roof over their heads, they are able to take advantage of opportunities and maximize their potential.